Sunday, February 22, 2009

Boxes of Old Photos

My mother, who has Alzheimer’s, enjoys scrapbooking, although she hasn’t done much lately. During her last visit to her geriatric psychiatrist, he encouraged her to spend more time scrapbooking, which makes perfect sense to me. In light of that, I’m glad I began to help her organize her work area.

What I’m thinking about now is all of Mum’s old photos that I found in the basement, neatly piled in old boxes but unlabeled. Going through them with her will be time consuming and tedious – but potentially an excellent opportunity to connect with Mum (and Dad too) and more importantly, to stimulate her long term memory. First I must get them into photo safe storage. I’m considering Creative Memories Power Sort Box. I don’t have one of these, but a friend does. The storage I have is from Michael’s and doesn’t have the removable sections that the Creative Memories’ product does.

No comments:

Post a Comment