Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Progress!

Over the weekend Jaye and I got together for a day of scrapbooking. Jaye made some beautiful pages of her friend’s wedding shower and fully documented her son’s broken arm incident (two full pages of journaling, plus photos!).

Me, I knew that my photos were sorely in need of organization. Jaye and I had discussed how I was going to do that, but I hadn’t actually done it yet. In fact, I haven’t finished, but I got a good start. My photos were spread across many boxes and piles, but now I’ve managed to corral them into: 1) a box for those that won’t be scrapbooked 2) a photo case for those that will or may be scrapbooked 3) photos in loose envelopes yet to go through 4)photos in albums that needs to be removed. This has been tedious work, and I still have plenty to go through. Plus I’m sure I’ll need another case for those photos I plan to scrapbook.

To relieve the tedium, I have some layouts I’m working on. I watched Jaye with envy as she made her pages! I can see why people give up before they start organizing their photos. It can be pretty overwhelming.

Kristen suggested I ask someone to help me. If I had kids, it would be great, and a nice project for them too. No family in the area either, but it’s an idea I can still give some thought to.

Help or no, I detect a change in my atttitude - being organized feels so much better and makes me feel more positive about my scrapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment