Monday, April 16, 2007

Color in Heritage Albums

Lately I've been scrapping my great aunt's snapshots from the 1920-1940's. I found myself telling someone that the interesting part was organizing them for the layout; the scrapping part was boring. Basically I'm using black pages, clear corners, and a few heritage stickers. After I said that, I found myself thinking, why not use a bit of color here and there? So what if all the photos are black and white?

There's a shot of my great aunt and her friend merrily coasting downhill together in a wagon, the kind kids use for towing stuff around (or did, in my childhood). They look so happy. That picuture speaks loud and clear of color - bright red or yellow. Why not? It doesn't have to be overpowering. I think the use of color here would enhance the photo and its story.

1 comment:

  1. i love it when black and white pictures do that. just either subtley remind you of whatever colors - whether red or pink or greens. and sometimes they holler - YO YO YO! THE SKY WAS SO SO BLUE!!! :D

    ReplyDelete