Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gimme Five

A simple but practical article in my favorite scrapbooking magazine, Simple Scrapbooks gives me a new way to approach my pages. “Gimme Five!” by Margaret Scarbrough in the May/June 2007 issue suggests making pages with just five products. She shows five layouts that five different people created with this approach.

I love the idea and plan to try it myself soon. I often feel overwhelmed with the plethora of products I have and can get way too absorbed in selecting materials. It’s occurred to me that having no limit is a problem. A self-imposed limit of five items seems doable.

I did notice that cutting tools did not seem to be considered a “product” in this case. Products consisted mainly of letters, one piece of paper (that some people used only part of), and embellishments. However, one person used a sewing machine, which was considered a product but the thread used to stitch the paper was not considered a product. OK, now I’m getting anal;) - I can make up my own rules! Thanks, Simple Scrapbooks, for the great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment