Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Photo Uploading, Selection, and Storage Process

I take many more photos than I can ever scrapbook. Besides the duplicates, similar ones, and those that aren't very good, there are great ones that may not make the cut. I've begun following a process with my photos after a trip or a photo session.

1. Before uploading my photos, I take a quick look while they're still in the camera to see if there are any obvious bloopers or duplicates and delete those right away. I also get an idea of what I'm dealing with – 50 photos or 500? How many different subjects? This gets ideas flowing.

2. Upload the photos to my local drive.

3. I don't usually want to share and print out all my photos, so next I select those I want to share and want prints of – sometimes I have to copy and separate them out to make things easier. Later I delete the copies to save space.

4. Upload to Kodak Gallery.

5. Create albums in KG to share.

6. Order prints.

7. Back to the local drive. If I've made copies, delete them. Separate originals into directories if necessary. Backup all originals to a CD.

8. When I receive the prints a few days later, select the ones I want to scrapbook. Put the rest in an attractive photo safe album – I like the ones with the plastic sleeves that provide room for writing. Label them.

9. Label the ones I selected for scrapbooking, just in case I can't get to them before I forget details. Put them in my photo box for safekeeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment