Monday, August 06, 2007

Palette Perspective

Since I'm so fascinated by color, I recently bought a few books on color – Color Index by Krause, Living Colors by Walsh & Hope, and Interaction of Color by Albers. So far I've only flipped through them, but they still got me thinking.

I find myself observing palettes now in just about everything – my dining room carpet, the grungy beach towel that protects my desk from kitty barf, a Kleenex box, a church brochure. Do the colors go well together? Why or why not? Do they work for their purpose? How would that same palette work for another purpose? Do the colors have meaning or enhance meaning?

I haven't really thought of my scrapbooking pages in terms of palettes very much but it's something to try. Since I'm hooked into color more than design, perhaps the palette perspective will help to improve my pages, and perhaps my designs. I find working with layout design somewhat tedious, but working at from a color palette perspective could add interest for me. Can’t wait to try it and see.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at magazines, especially expensive glossy mags, is great to get an idea of what works together. They pay designers lots of money to figure out what colors go together.

    ReplyDelete