Friday, August 25, 2006

Discouragement

I haven’t kept my commitment to scrapbook at least an hour a week; in fact I’ve come nowhere near it. An hour this month? Hardly. I miss it and I feel it slipping away. There are so many other things competing for my bandwidth – I’m preparing to give a talk at a professional (librarian) conference in October; because of that I’ve joined Toastmasters and so I prepare other speeches to give in those meetings. A friend and I are holding a garage sale at my place on Labor Day weekend. Gathering and tagging the stuff for that has been time consuming. I’m trying to develop more of a social life and have joined a couple of women’s groups for activity partners/friends, and dating services for, well, dates. Also I’ve decided I need to move and that is preoccupying my thoughts. A hundred other things. Not to mention how bone-tired I am when I arrive home from work. Getting much done during the week seems impossible.

I actually find myself trying NOT to think about scrapbooking, because I can’t even fit in the hour a week. When will I ever get to it? Maybe in the late fall? Winter?

Perhaps the best action I can take is to keep writing down my ideas. And to keep scrapbooking near the front of my mind so that I don’t completely lose track of it.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps there is some littl ehting that you can do with your feet up sitting in your armchair? Cropping photos? Riping part old albums? Have the supplies by the chair and try it. Also, give yourself a break.

    ReplyDelete